So… I decided to embark on my first attempt at making a lasagna. Over the years I’ve seen my mom make it, but with so many layers upon layers, I never knew where to begin! Below you’ll find a simple recipe to my Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Lasagna.
I hope yours comes out as delicious as mine did!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Box Lasagna Pasta
- 1 Bag Fresh Spinach
- 1 Bottle Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Bag Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into strips, then smaller pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic. Cook in olive oil. Once simmering, add fresh spinach leaves, stir and cover. Adding more spinach little by little until desired amount.
- Boil Lasagna pasta for aprox. 8-10 minutes or until semi soft.
- Mix ricotta cheese with small amount of salt & pepper to taste.
- In oven safe pan, begin layering lasagna strips first (1), then thin layer of ricotta cheese (2), then chicken/spinach (3), then pour alfredo sauce over chicken and spinach (4), then another layer of lasagna pasta (5), then one more layer of ricotta cheese (6), and finally cover the top with a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese (7).
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn oven up to broil or about 400 degrees for aprox. 5 more minutes. Once cheese begins to crisp, its done!
This post has officially made my stomach growl! Enjoy!